Monday, March 31, 2014

Restorer of Hope


        Yesterday was the beginning of something greater that will be happening for the rest of my life.
It was just a normal Sunday, as I walked to church at JHOP feeling worn and even a little sad; maybe because of the rain, but later I realized it was because of hopelessness. The service started and worship was incredible, Jesus was there, a team from Bethel church came and prophesied over people's lives, and YWAM came as well. They changed my life, and it will be forever changed from this point on.
         Before worship started I thought I saw Jon Foreman. Turns out it was James Barkman-close enough. He was part of the YWAM team as well as Preston Groff, Stephanie Mensah, and Faith Kinzer; these people are thee most amazing young missionaries I have ever met, who bring such a creative, powerful, and genuine presence of Jesus. They were so kind and Preston and James are from my crib, PA! PA representttttt!
        So after worship my friend Sandy and I introduced ourselves to Preston, Faith, and Stephanie. Then I went to go get a bagel, and ran into James, and introduced myself to him. They're all so nice! Follow them on twitter or Facebook or Instagram.  Or on each of those supafly social media websites. All of them! Do It. Sorry, that was not Jesus-like. Please do it.
        So I went to get my bagel, talked to my friend Danny White about the ghetto and came back happier than before. Probably because I was holding a bagel. Then the team of 5 people from Bethel came up to the front and started prophesying over people. Talk about life change-in fact, mine changed when they prophesied over my life.
       So this one guy named Ben asks, "Is there anyone in the room who feels like they never get prophesied over?" Lisa and my hand both shot up. Her's a lot more quickly than mine. Then he goes, "ok, stand up." Now I was like, "what the heck am I doing, this is so weird, ahhh. *sigh*." Then I look at Sandy awkwardly and she's like, "do ittt." So I stand up.
Then Ben goes, " I believe that God is going to use you to prophesy over people, and already has. And when you run out of people to prophesy over, you're going to prophesy over yourself. I mean, I was just like you guys, and now look at how God's using me!"
         This was so weird because literally minutes before worship ended, I felt a complete peace from our sweet Lord, telling me "You are going to change the word, I'm here, and you are healed."
WHATTTT? Talk about Jesus, he's my boy.
         Then a little later, as the prophesying continued, another guy from the team grabs the mic and tells Lisa and myself, "and just the fact that you stood up is showing that you are real women of God who he'll use to prophesy over people." HOLY MOLY. Like I knew God was great, but this was a whole knew level of greatness. He's the Greatness King. I have been praying for God to prophesy over my life, and look at how faithful he is? Let's just take a moment to let that sink in, HE IS FAITHFUL.


MMM.

         After that, the lead lady who looks like Stephany Frizzle and and forget her name prophesied. Let's call her Stephany. So Stephany says, "is there anyone here who has been feeling hopelessness or hopelessness around them from other people?" Almost everyone raised their hand, including me and she asked everyone to stand as her team went around and laid hands on people. As she's praying she says, " And I feel like there's a hopelessness from a father, abandonment in some area of your life that has caused so much hopelessness in you." BOOM. That was FOR ME. So much stuff has gone on between me my dad, and although it has just recently been normal, and forgiven, it still hurts. The whole story is for a different day, so let's continue with this one.
        As soon as she said those words for me, the tears that were welling up in my eyes came rushing down like a waterfall. There was so my pain and hopelessness in my heart that I never knew was still there. Stephany then says, "the hopelessness is now gone, and I release hope over you." I felt it come upon me, and I stopped shaking with sobbing cries of the hopeless heart. Then good ole Pastor Bill of course interjected after she finished praying and I grabbed all the tissues in the world in front of me and turned around to go back to my seat and compose myself. Sandy, my dear sweet sister Sandy rubbed my back as I lay my head on her shoulder. God is so good. Ok, let's take another moment to take that in. HE IS GOOD.



        So I had to bounce at 1:15, after prophesying over Sandy, (forgetting my awesome possum markers I was using in my sketchbook) cause that was when we were to do so to all who had their own businesses. While leaving I waved by to Preston, who said bye, but James was all busy in the prophesying flow, so I didn't want to intervene. So I get into the elevator and journey back home to my sisterhood event for my sorority.
On the subway ride home, I felt soooo much peace and Jesus glory. Ahhh I just dreamt of Jesus and his presence flooded my life.

       The Sisterhood event was full of such goodness that went with the whole prophesying theme of yesterday. We encouraged each other the entire time, and it was such a loving gathering. I then went back to my dorm and went on Facebook, friend requesting the YWAM team whom I felt such a connection with. Turns out they were at Pratt Institute over my spring break when I was home in PA and they did campus ministry and prayed over people! I found this out when I saw Preston's photo on facebook, and I'm all like, "is that my library he's standing in?" AND IT WAS. They were at Pratt, they spoke with people I KNOW, especially my little, Jessica Li (LOVE HER SWEET SOUL) and spoke about revival and salvation. BOOM 2. **I have been praying for revival and salvation since I started school here in August. God is answering my prayers and HE IS FAITHFUL AND GOOD!!!

      Thank you YWAM so much for your impact on my life! I have felt an immense amount of peace and hope ever since yesterday, and I just realized this morning that it's the fire of God burning so much brighter in me than ever before. There is life change happening at Pratt and in NY. From that moment yesterday until the day I die, I know that God is not finished with me yet and there is SO MUCH FRUIT TO COMEEE. (the edible kind too.)

Never doubt the power of God, because he WILL bless and use you when you follow him.

How has God shown you he's faithful?






No comments:

Post a Comment